Monday, March 9, 2009

Time flies when you're scanning brains

I'm in charge of helping a prospective student find her way around Stony Brook later this week. Wasn't I just doing graduate school interviews like a year ago?

In other news, our new scanner is currently being tested and calibrated. I finally made it over to see the new building last week and its rather impressive. I especially like how the magnetic shielding matches the paint of the walls. That three million dollars was really well spent. All kidding aside, barring a disaster we should be up and running in a few months.

I would have taken pictures but I'm not sure what sort of magnetic shielding my camera has. As it is, we have to order a specially made projector and every electronic device in the scanning room, including, the lights is shielded in a Faraday cage.

No comments: