1. I think I prefer the Red Sox as a wildcard team. More opportunities for angst that way.
2. It's incredibly pretentious, but I think Mad Med is my favorite show airing right now. With that said, I end up fastforwarding through most scenes involving Betty Draper. I can't tell if it's the character or the actress playing her, but something about her just puts me to sleep.
3. I'm finally starting to get paid for my Summer work study. Apparently it's perfectly fine to not at all unacceptable to not get paid for a few months. Hilariously, I'm also getting a bonus at the beginning of the semester... so kudos Stony Brook.
4. Barack Obama is apparently now a socialist. At least according to the ideologically ambiguous posters put up around town. First he was a Fascist, now he is a Socialist. I'm hoping next week he'll be something cool, like an Existentialist or a Post-Modernist.
5. Saw  Days of Summer the other day, pretty good all things considered. I mostly agree with this review.
6. Long Island sure gets hot in August. The best I can figure it, August = Summer, December = Winter, and it just rains every other time.
7. Facebook has just about supplanted the need for high school reunions. Now all the random gossip I don't really care about is delivered to me unfiltered and in real time.
8. I cleaned out my office the other day and by that I mean I threw a bunch of stuff away. I guess this is a genetic thing?
9. I think it would be kinda awesome if a historical drama just completely disregarded what actually happened in history. Like, if at the end of Gettysburg there was a sudden twist ending where the British ended up winning (Yes Phil, I know. I'm just trying to make a point.). Of course, this is probably going to happen in Inglorious Basterds.
10. Hot Wings are an ideal late night food. Incidentally, I miss Worcester.
11. I've been thinking a lot about secret menu items at Chinese food restaurants. Apparently it's a real phenomenon. I can't decide if it's cool or not.
12. Running subjects is really boring. It is also frustrating how they schedule appointments and then don't show up. This situation is why I'm blogging right now.
13. The new grad students are starting to arrive. This is weird.