This is fast becoming a staple. I've even made a chicken wing version that is significantly less healthy but equally good.
2 Cup Brown Rice
4 Teaspoons Paprika
2 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric (or Saffron)
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
4+ Garlic Cloves (Minced)
1.5(sh) Pounds Chicken
1/2 Cup Red Onion (Chopped)
2 Cups Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Golden Raisins
1/4 Cilantro (Optional)
1. Start the rice first. With some luck it'll be done at the same time as everything else.
2. While the rice is cooking, cut chicken into small pieces. In a medium size bowls combine the chicken pieces with the spices (including the garlic). Using your hands (or a spoon if you are afraid of raw chicken) mix everything together until the chicken is covered in delicious spices
3. In a large skillet heat a small amount of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion. When the onion is soft and mostly translucent add the chicken. Brown the chicken for 8-10 minutes or until sufficiently cooked. When the chicken is done, add broth and raisons. Drop the heat to medium and let the liquid reduce for about 5 minutes.
4. Combine the rice and the chicken/broth in the skillet. Kill the heat and let the combine everything together.
5. Serve with fresh cilantro. This is an ideal leftovers meal as it tastes much better the second day (its very good on the first day too).