Thursday, December 16, 2010

Favorite Music: 2010

Absolutely no one who reads this blog cares about this kind of thing, but I'm posting it anyway.



1.  Your Face Left Before You- Buke and Gass
2.  Helicopter- Deerhunter
3.  We Used to Wait- Arcade Fire
4.  BluzzBlood Ohio- The National
5.  Angela Surf City- The Walkmen
6.  Locust Valley- Women
7.  Manifest Destiny- Zola Jesus
8.  A More Perfect Union- Titus Andronicus

Some Notes:

1.  Normally I find The National to be incredibly boring.  But their latest album is just too solid to not be included here.  Same for The Walkmen, but to a lesser extent.

2.  I'm getting really tired of Brooklyn indie rock, otherwise this list would be twice as long and four times as pretentious.  I like a lot of it individually, but I think I've just been listening to too much music that draws from the same influences.

3.  I think the Buke and Gass album is my favorite of the year.  With that being said, Titus Andronicus is probably the best band I've discovered this year.  A Civil War concept album is just about the worst idea I've ever heard, but they really made it work.

No comments: