Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lego Music

I've been super busy the last few days, but right now I'm stuck at home while a plumber terrorizes the apartment.  I'm not sure if that is the cause of the depressing mess that is this week's playlist or if its due to dwelling on the education bubble.  Anyway.... here goes nothing.



microarchitecture

Never Come Around- La Sera
Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out- The Antlers
The Messenger- Papercuts
California- EMA
Lammicken- Braids
Moses- Chelsea Wolfe
Trying to Pretend- Vivian Girls
White Like Heaven- Gowns

Its a toss up between EMA and The Antlers for my favorite album of the year so far.  After The Antlers released Parenthesis I sort of lost interest.... but the album is really great.  Not as good as their last release maybe (although its still growing on me) but really solid nonetheless.  As far as EMA, if this album is any indication, she is going to be huge.  I expect I'll be hearing her stuff in television montages and blasted from dormitory windows any day now.

No comments: