Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The last word on the election...

... Goes to president elect Barack Obama.



Twenty four hours later, I still can't believe that really happened. For as long as I've been old enough to be interested, I have been consistently disenchanted by the policies and actions of the American executive branch. For myself and many of my peers the sense of pride on our country that we are feeling now and belief that tomorrow could actually prove to be better than today are new things. There is still a great deal of work to be done, but it is impossible to quantify the positive effects of last night on the psyche of America. Cynicism certainly isn't dead, but its difficult to not feel at least a little bit hopeful for the future of this country.

Someone asked me today if this is what being a patriot feels like. I'd say yes, and it feels good.

No comments: