Thursday, May 14, 2009

Theses

I'm sticking with minimalist titles for now. Just so you all know.

Anyways, I went to my labmate's thesis defense a few days ago and and it is was one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen. One of the committee members tore apart all the experiments and proposed years and years worth of replacement research. Thankfully, the other committee members stepped in before things got out of hand. Some of the criticism was valid (and the appropriate analysis is undoubtedly being run as I type this) After over three strenuous hours, we finally have our first lab alumni.

One of my friends outside the biopsych area also defended last week. Her defense reportedly went a lot smoother and involved the highest number of cookies per committed member in the history of planet earth.

A few more of my labmates and friends are defending over the summer so soon I'll know a bunch of doctors who aren't doctors.

Now about my own projects...

No comments: