Eggs over Polenta
1 Clove Garlic
2 Tablespoons Oregano
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Cornmeal (Polenta)
3 Cups Water
Frozen Vegetable of Your Choice
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Chop vegetables and garlic. Sauté vegetable with garlic then set aside.
1. Bring the water to a boil, adding a pinch of salt. Slowly pour the cornmeal into the water. Reduce to medium heat.
2. Stir the water/cornmeal slowly and constantly. The mixture should begin to thicken after 5-10 minutes.
3. Continue stirring mixture. Add vegetable, cheese and spices when mixture is semi-think.
4. When polenta is sufficiently thick (like porridge) set aside. Prepare eggs over easy or sunny side up (you want the yolk to be runny enough that it will enervate the polenta when you are eating).
5. When eggs are done cooking, pour the polenta into bowls. Place egg(s) on top.
Serves two with a fair amount of leftover polenta.
Something is still missing from the recipe. I think it needs to be more savory. I tried adding bacon with the egg and that wasn't quite sufficient (though you could just substitute the bacon for the egg). Perhaps substituting the water for chicken stock (especially if you make your own) would help. Adding more cheese is always a good idea.