Friday, February 4, 2011

There was a time before The Simpsons?

In an effort to take at least one meaningful breadth class while in grad school, I enrolled in a teaching practicum this semester.  I wasn't sure what to expect, and there is a range of attitudes towards teaching in the room, but so far its been excellent.

I was worried that it would be pretty fluffy, but it looks like there will be a lot of practical advise (make sure you know where the cords are on the ground before walking around a class) and theory based on empirical research.

The best part though?  The professor leading the practicum likes Life is Hell, Matt Groening's awesome comic strip published before he created The Simpsons.

The comic below was used as a serious part of today's class.


Unfortunately, I have experienced extreme examples of almost every one of these... though I try not to be a disdainful TA (sometimes anyway).

No comments: