Friday, April 1, 2011

Folding Paper

Sometimes when I hear something new, especially something I really like, I end up with a lot more music than I intend.  This is exactly what happened when I heard A Place to Bury Strangers.  Not the best name for a band sure, but I really like their stuff.

The mix title is sort of a reference to Blade Runner since I think some of the music on the mix sounds kind of (but really not at all) like Vangelis' score.  The picture is from Metropolis.  It isn't really related to anything, but its a nice (albeit very cynical) metaphor for graduate school.


1. Hatred of Music I- Tim Hecker
2. It's All Write- aTelacine
3. Come See- Belong
4. となりのサターン (My Neighbor Satan)- Boris
5. MOSES- Chelsea Wolfe
6. Bad Volcano- The Vandelles
7. Ego Death- A Place to Bury Strangers
8. Hatred of Music II- Tim Hecker
9. Conscience Collider- Screen Vinyl Image
10. Hallo Spaceboy- David Bowie

Yes. That is, in fact, an industrial David Bowie song.  Apparently he made an entire album like that in the mid 90's.  There was supposed to be a follow-up but it never materialized.  The album is really decent actually if you can get over the fact that it is Bowie trying to make a Nine Inch Nails record.

No comments: