Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How Research Works: XVI

ON THE PHONE: 8pm

GRAD STUDENT
Hello...?

SUPER CHEERY UNDERGRAD PERSON
Hi! This is your undergraduate alma mater calling.  I'd like to talk to you for a few minutes about your time here.

GRAD STUDENT
This really isn't the best time...

SUPER CHEERY UNDERGRAD PERSON
...Thats ok.  I just have a few dozen questions.

(A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME LATER)

SUPER CHEERY UNDERGRAD PERSON
So good to hear from you.  Now that you're thinking about your halcyon days running amok with relatively few responsibilities, I'd like to ask you for a donation.

GRAD STUDENT
I really don't think I can afford to give you anything right now.  Maybe if I ever get out of here and get a real job...

SUPER CHEERY UNDERGRAD PERSON
We can take donations as low as $500.  Its really not that much!

GRAD STUDENT
I think you are misinformed on that point.

No comments: